Sunday, February 23, 2014

Quick + Easy DIY: Decorated Phone Charger

I wouldn’t really consider myself a “crafty” girl. I have a good eye for design and organization but when it comes to actually putting something together.. Well, let’s just say I try my best. Although I don't do very many DIY crafts, there are so many cute designs for phone chargers out there that I just had to try one out for myself! Now, I've chosen a DIY process that involves glitter and I think I speak for most girls when I say GLITTER CAN BE TROUBLE. It’s messy and it gets everywhere! I swear I still have glitter in my hair from a Ke$ha concert I went to a few years back. Anyway, the reason I am so in love with this technique is because it allows you to decorate with glitter, but with no mess. Yeah, you read that right. So let’s get started!

You will need:
iPhone / USB Phone Charger
Glitter Crafting Tape / Glitter Wall Border - $4.00 from Walmart
Mini roll of Ribbon - $1.00 at your local craft store (Design or color is up to you)
Scissors & a Glue Gun or Clear tape
Start off by sizing the amount of craft tape / wall border you will need by wrapping it around your phone charger. I love using the crafting tape or wall border because the glitter doesn’t rub off as easily and create a mess. If the width of the crafting tape or wall border is too big for your phone charger, simply cut it to size. Once you have enough to wrap all the way around, use your scissors to cut the craft tape or wall border and stick it onto your charger. If you are using the wall border this step is a little easier because the paper in front of the adhesive allows you to size accordingly, without having to worry about it sticking on too soon.Once you’re finished with that step, you may already like the way your creation looks, so this next step is optional. Take the small roll of ribbon then proceed to size, cut, and wrap one strip around your charger. Use a glue gun or clear tape to keep it in place and you’re finished!
This is such an easy and fast way to decorate. You can use this stuff to decorate the bottoms of candles or even vase’s, anything you like. Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for checking out this post! Much love.




No comments:

Post a Comment